Monday, November 6, 2006

A brief Interlude...

Ok, the blog with the challenge entries will be up tonight (late PCT) or tomorrow after I vote. I just finished seven straight days of 14+ hours (Well, ok, Halloween was only eight and today was only eight). I just had to tell you about the recuperative powers of a beautiful day and good fantasy. I walked out from the Stardust into the employee parking lot. It was strangely quite and only about 73 degrees at twelve noon (23-24 for all you metric users, which, I might add, the US should use too but we're too arrogant!). The sun was out and a gentle breeze was blowing. I stood near my car for many moments. I just stood, sometimes with my eyes closed and enjoyed the tactile sensations. It was fabulous, although I probably got a few strange looks, I don't really care. It should not take a hectic and busy week to appreciate the simple beauty of a day, but it did make the simple experience, that much more profound! Then when I got home I fantasized with a dear friend about living in different locations in Europe (I lived there for three years and have longed to go back!). In just two hours I felt rejuvenated! Now, I'm gonna spend some much needed time with my daughter.

5 Comments:

At 10:45 PM , Blogger Karl Bakla said...

for fuck sake.... now, I have no doubt you're a pussy, I killed a man today what did you do......

 
At 5:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the darkness, there is light.....

 
At 6:35 AM , Blogger Adam Smasher said...

I loved a man, Karl. I loved him with every ounce of my being! Now I am a bit sore.

 
At 4:14 PM , Blogger Deleted Blog said...

Well, I liked the idea that you could drum up a visual and then feel better; rejuvenated.
Thank you for posting all of the entries Adam.
I like to remember what it was like to sit in the sand right at the edge of the Gulg of Mexico. The tide was so warm and little fish would nibble on my toes. I was a child by the sea and someday... I will be a child again!
I think it's nice to dream... it beats being awake all the time.

 
At 6:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw you in the parking lot with your eyes closed...I thought you were meditating or something. I was going to honk my horn to distract you but thought better of it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Web Site Counters