Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Challenge!

Okay, let’s really get silly! (so silly it rhymes, I agree, that was bad) Make sure you read all the way through!

“What is this?” You ask. “Are you resorting to silly puns and stupid games?” Is your follow up. No! And Yes! The feedback from my Crash Test Dummies blog gave me this idea. While your answers may open you up for undo criticism, it will be fun and I strongly encourage you to bash and trash myself (Yes, I must complete the challenges also) and any of the answers you read. Why? Because I am a firm believer in the fastest way to personal growth is through brutal honesty in a safe (or unsafe) environment, with jokes! And what’s safer than a blog in which no one knows who you really are (Well, okay some of us know each other)? I’m serious about this... I love brutal honesty, I have always preferred a punch to the face then a stab in the back. Sometimes when I tell people this, they don’t believe me (you know who you are) but I swear it’s true! “C’mon! Don’t try and hit me! Hit me!” Here are my challenges three...

1.) A Haiku, about anything you want.

2.) Your favorite artistic work and why. (Painting, book, movie, music, etc.)

3.) Your biggest role models and why.

Okay, some of the challenges seem pretty damned stereotypical. But that’s the challenging part. How do you answer these in non-stereotypical ways. You have to use your head and your mind and your brain. Other than for humor, I really want you to think about your answers. If I get very few replies, I’ll take that as a sign that most humans actually are animals and incapable of rational thought and imagination. Tell your friends and loved ones! It is simply a choice... Make this an article that is fun and interesting and larger than the sum of the entries or doom it to crap. Hey, I did my part.

All entries can be emailed to adam-lavey@hotmail.com or my regular email address if you already know it. Give me a handle that you go by (or it will default to your email name. All answers will be posted in about two weeks, on or soon after the 24th of October.

4 Comments:

At 12:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, I see no one yet has made a comment or attempted one of your three challenges. So here is my attempt.
my favorite piece of artwork is a canvas that is hanging on my wall in my living room. Here are a few reasons. The artist is a person who rarely ever paints a canvas let alone anything else. So it makes me all warm and fuzzy that I own one of the five pieces still floating around in Vegas. Which brings me to a second reason, the artist is a close personal friend and Vegas native so when someone asks me 'who did that' (which they do) I cooley say 'oh my boyfriend'. Another reason is the fact that it is a one of a kind piece of my name Ms. 'Lady Poverty'. It is laid out in his one of a kind stylistic letters...and amazing colors. Plus it was the coolest (probably cheapest) birthday present I've ever gotten. And I love it! For all those reasons and more i.e. i love my boyfriend and the fact that he went thru all the trouble to make it for me. It wasn't purchased at a store. Time and talent went into it.
I have to go my time is up at the computer place. ahhhh. i'm punch you in the face instead of stabbing you in the back....literally. bye

 
At 7:26 PM , Blogger Adam Smasher said...

Wow, I mean wow! That is a great answer. But the point was to email me (via the link) with your answers to all three of the challenges, not just one. That way I can build a blog with the answers and open them all up for criticism. Honestly, that is a cool answer. You may be human after all (if an impatient one).

 
At 8:08 AM , Blogger Karl Bakla said...

I'm gonna work on this today @ work, not during my break though, when I should be selling change to Stardust customers, the booth is over there if you want change, or I'm out of 20's, 10's, 5's, & 1's!

 
At 10:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoop whoop! I don't know how to read directions. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Web Site Counters