Monday, December 3, 2007

Apology Not Accepted.

I’ve never understood this insane desire by the media and pop culture to demand apologies from celebrities and politicians. What exactly is an apology? I mean does the act of apologizing make everything okay? Frankly, no and the desire to demand apologies is complete bullshit. It reeks of appearances being more important that substance. Apologies, on the whole, are bullshit also. Unless you actually feel bad about fucking up, are willing to attempt not repeat the same mistakes and understand that you have to move forward from that point on then I don’t want your damned apology and I certainly don’t need it to be a spectacle. Now, if all three of these factors are true, an apology, as a common courtesy, is a good thing. If not, shut the fuck up and move along because I don’t want you around (no, I have no personal axe grind and this isn’t directed towards anyone specific). This weird spectacle of public apologies seems like some kind of twisted sense of morality. Shouldn’t the hurt person be the subject and focus of the apology? Who gives a shit if Joe and Sally Blow on the street feel better about themselves because Tom DeLay apologized publically for being pissed of at some judges. Now, I understand sometimes when you offend an entire ethnic group your apology has to be public, but fuck Dog, know when to shut up. You want to impress me? Fix your issues that led to you fucking up in the first place. Look inside yourself and learn from it and grow to be a better, more respectful person. Hell, we all make mistakes. I’m no saint and I have certainly had my own share of apologizing, but understanding why you’re apologizing is the key. Don’t say shit because you’re afraid someone won’t like you anymore. Say it because you realized, deep down, on some fundamental level, you were wrong and you could have potentially hurt someone else and then of course, fix it. Don’t pay me lip service because I certainly won’t pay you any. I also challenge anyone and everyone to hold me to the same standard.

5 Comments:

At 11:23 PM , Blogger Karl Bakla said...

I respect sincere apologies, hay if you fuck up & it wasn’t intentional that’s why you apologize. Most of these douche bags that make public apologies are just sorry they got caught. As for Dog even though I wouldn’t like him I’d respect him more if he let off a sieg hail & then said in his best German accent “master race”. As for me I hope I won’t ever have to apologize for someone taping me not using vulgar language. I could see my press conference, I’d walked up to the microphone & say “fuck all yawl!” then I’d walked off doing the royal salute!

Talk about someone who needs to make a public apology one 4th of July Danny Hatefuck told me that playing with fire crackers wasn’t such a good idea because of the fire risk. I have never recovered from this. the only thing more shocking is the divorce between Hulk & Linda Hogan, word on the streets she’s boning Danny. Wait to go for ruining my 4th of July & a perfectly normal all American family well, unless you count the car crash incident their son Nick was involved in most probably egged on by Danny as well.

 
At 6:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe he was the dude driving that camaro that i threw the bag-o-asnd at!

by the way i think hogans wife is hot, even though her fake tits are way to big for her body, but maybe thats why shes hot.

by the way i do feel personally responsible for turning karl bakla into a respecful member of vegan society, had i never made that fire comment wed still be sitting in his living room everynight, playing tony hawk and guzzling soco and coke/water. wed still be saying fuck the world and writing retarded songs about retards. but me being the last one anyoone would expect to care about anything, made a comment about caring now the whole world will never be the same again!

 
At 6:13 AM , Blogger Karl Bakla said...

So, where’s the apology?

 
At 8:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

apologies are for the weak!

 
At 3:53 PM , Blogger Karl Bakla said...

joking aside, I fucking hate people who can’t apologize for an honest mistake.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Web Site Counters